Clochar Court, Harlesden
Innisfree offers help to older Irish people at Clochar Court in Harlesden where 25 tenants live in a sheltered housing block and receive help with everyday needs related to getting older. We provide an intensive housing management service and work closely with a network of support services to meet residents’ needs.
Tenants live their lives as they wish but can decide to take part or organise activities which include:
- self-contained flats consisting of a kitchen, lounge, bathroom and bedroom
- a wide range of communal facilities, including a lounge, immaculate garden, on site laundry, library, parking bays for residents and visitors, a guest room, art/activities room and an on-site ‘Men’s’ shed with a programme of activities for both men and women
- management of the building, including fire safety and compliance, communal repairs and building security
- a dedicated Scheme Manager service for the building three days per week, Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays
- help in accessing relevant agencies and local services, ensuring residents know who to contact and how to get in touch with them about additional support or care needs
- 24 hour emergency assistance provided by Barnet Assist, in the event of a medical emergency cords in the flats provide assistance within 20 minutes
- a dedicated phone line to report repairs 0207 625 1818 Option 1
- using computers to email, shop and contact relatives and friends
- organising Irish functions and events
- taking part in music and exercise classes
- gardening and growing plants and vegetables
- volunteering and using spare time to help others
- taking part in activities in the Men’s Shed every Tuesday 11am to 4pm – women included!
- coffee mornings every Friday morning 10:30 am to 12 noon
- Meitheal Men’s group every second Monday 11am to 1pm
- Health Navigator service from the London Irish Centre service every Tuesday afternoon 2pm to 5:30 pm
Our aim is to help Irish people at Clochar Court to live there as long as they wish and enjoy life! We also offer help to people in the local community and are also invited to weekly events.
Want to know more? Contact Cecilia Greene (Scheme Manager) on Tel: 020 8961 9989. Cecilia is part-time and her working days are Monday, Tuesday and Friday 9am to 5pm.