We know that some of you are starting to struggle financially, what with the rises in the cost of living, energy fuel bills etc, and that this is a big worry for some of our residents.
If you are on a low income or on benefits, the Government and some local authorities have made funding available to help you.
Support from the Government – social fund
The Social Fund is a government scheme to help people on a low income meet their expenses:
- budgeting loans
- Cold Weather Payments
- funeral payments
- Short Term Benefit Advances
- Sure Start Maternity Grant
Support from your Council
Some Councils are also offering discretionary support funds, possibly in the form of an interest-free loan, grant or both, but you will need to contact your local authority to find out what is available for your circumstances.
To make this easier for you we have compiled a list of website link which will take you directly to the right department where you will be able to find out more information on what support is available:
- Residents Support Fund | Brent Council
- What benefits and support are available? – Camden Council
- The Haringey Support Fund | Haringey Council
- Help for residents facing financial hardship | LB Hammersmith and Fulham
- Extra financial help available for Ealing residents in crisis | Ealing Council
- Financial hardship | Enfield Council
- Lewisham Council – The Household Fund
- Financial support for residents – Harrow Council
- Resident Support Scheme | Islington Council
- Household Support Scheme | Lambeth Council
- Hertfordshire Welfare Assistance Scheme – Hertsmere Borough Council