Moving out

How can I get a transfer to another property?

All Innisfree tenants can apply for a move but because we are a small landlord, only a small number of empty homes become available each year. We will do what we can to help but, please bear in mind that we also have to give most of these homes to councils to nominate new tenants to us. If you would like to apply for a transfer please complete this form.

If there are health reasons for a transfer a Medical Assessment Form must be completed by the applicant’s GP or another practitioner.

Can I swap my property with another person?

Yes, tenants have the right to an exchange. This is an arrangement whereby two public sector tenants agree to exchange properties, with the consent of their landlord.

We pay a subscription for any Innisfree tenant to register to Homeswapper, so there is no cost to you. More information on the criteria and guidelines can be found on the Homeswapper website  or discuss with your housing officer.

What do I need to do if I want to give up my tenancy with Innisfree?

If you want to give up your tenancy with us you must give us 4 week’s notice that you want to leave. You must inform us of the date you will be leaving and ensure that the rent is paid in full up to this date including any arrears on your account.

Before you move out you must leave the flat in a clean and tidy condition and that all furniture and belongings have been cleared out. If you have any unwanted items you must arrange for the Council to collect them before you go. Your housing officer can provide you with more information to help.

Remember, it's okay to not be okay.You are allowed to take a pause. If you want to talk to someone, you can reach out to support worker at Horton Housing or call Samaritans at 116 123 for support. #MentalHealthMatters #suport #newweek ... See MoreSee Less
View on Facebook